EnergyCasino wants to ensure that its clients gamble in a responsible manner. We acknowledge that gambling can be addictive to some and affect their lives negatively. Since we care for our clients, and want online gaming to be an enjoyable experience, we offer various measures for a client to gamble in a responsible manner. These can be set by the client and include the following:
At EnergyCasino we believe that sports betting, poker and casino games should be played for fun and entertainment. However, we also realise that gambling can be addictive and there is a risk you could develop an addiction.
When a gambler loses the sense of fun that casual gambling is meant to generate it means that he has a problem. He may begin to look at gambling as a way to make money or worse still he keeps on gambling to try and win back money he had previously lost. He often believes that he has special luck or abilities or that his luck may be about to change. When you gamble not just for that rush and you find yourself chasing losses and betting more, the result is a vicious circle of increasing losses and increased betting to recover the losses.
Responsible Gambling Tips
For many people gambling is exciting and entertaining. They make careful decisions about how to spend their time and money, where to go and how to have fun.
Here is how you can control your gambling:
- Decide on a loss limit ahead of time and stick to it
- Low-risk gambling is a way of playing with very little chance of losing control. The key to low-risk gambling is to realize that "it's only a game"
- Never borrow money to gamble
- Set a time limit
- Take frequent breaks
- Balance gambling with other activities
- Don't gamble when highly stressed, depressed, intoxicated or troubled in some other way
- Only gamble with money set aside for entertainment, never with money for everyday expenses
You can realize you have a problem:
- If you are leaving your family alone for long periods of time, in order to gamble
- If you arguing frequently with your partner about spending too much time and money on gambling and find that you cannot stop or limit yourself
- If you are gambling family money needed for rent/mortgage, schooling, medical purposes, groceries, clothes, or heat
- If you feel you have to gamble to get to spend time with people you understand
- When you are with your family, at work or at social events, you find that your are constantly thinking about your next bet
- If you look at gambling as a way of making money fast
If your answer to any of the above is “YES” then we suggest that you take action immediately BEFORE it becomes a worse problem. There are many organizations that may help you to control your problem.
Account Closure and Self-Exclusion
Most of our customers enjoy gambling without issue, but we do recognise that it can become a serious concern for some. That is why we offer customers the ability to restrict their gambling or close their accounts.
Closed accounts may be re-activated at a later date; if a request made in writing is provided, which will then be subject to a 24-hour or 7 days' cooling off period depending on the nature of the closure.
Customers can self-exclude themselves for periods ranging from 24 hours to 3 months.
It is possible to shorten a self-exclusion with a 24-hour cool off period.
Exclusions can be also extended on request with immediate effect.
We reserve the right to keep accounts closed or deny a re-opening request, in order to maintain the safety of a player, as per the decision made by our Responsible Gaming Department.
For more information please contact our Customer Support team.
Protection of Minors
With the Internet so readily accessible in homes around the world, responsible online gambling relies heavily on responsible parenting. In order to ensure child safety on the Net, The Casino encourages its Players to make use of filtering software to prevent minors from accessing inappropriate online material. Underage gambling is not only illegal, but can also result in gambling dependencies and huge gambling debts incurred by unsupervised children.
Tips for Parents:
- Do not leave your computer unattended when your casino software is running
- Password-protect your Casino program
- Do not allow persons under 18 to participate in any gambling activity
- Keep your Casino/Poker Room account number and credit card(s) out of the reach of children
- Do not save passwords onto your computer. Write them down instead
- Limit the amount of time your children spend online and make use of software to prevent your children from accessing inappropriate material
There are a number of third party applications available that parents or guardians can use to monitor or restrict the use of their computer's access to the Internet. These include :
- Net Nanny filtering software protects children from inappropriate web content : www.netnanny.com
- CYBERsitter filtering software allowing parents to add their own sites to block : www.cybersitter.com
Support-line for gambling addicts
If you believe that you might be negatively addicted to gambling, we encourage you to seek help through these areas of our website and also contact us through email. You can also contact directly and anonymously the following independent organisations who are professionally trained to help:
EnergyCasino will endeavour to make a Player’s experience with us an enjoyable one. However, there may be occasions where a Player feels dissatisfied with the quality of our product/s or our customer service. A Player may raise a complaint by sending an e-mail to our Customer Service at support@EnergyCasino.com.
We will endeavour to handle complaints within 48 hours of receiving them.
Should you not be satisfied with the way your complaint was resolved or handled, you may escalate the issue to the Malta Gaming Authority by sending them an e-mail at email@example.com.
It is important that only complaints of a serious nature are escalated to the Authority.